1. If you see cracks or chips in your car glass, we suggest you to have it repaired immediately. Trash, pebbles and sand particles can rupture the glass and cause dings that, if left neglected, can turn into bigger cracks. Regular windshield check-up is even recommended. Time is not your friend here, so give us a call today to book your appointment.
2. Do your best to avoid slamming of doors. Slamming of doors will cause intense vibrations to the windshield. Also, those little dings on your windshields can spread everytime vibration builds up when doors are slammed.
3. Refrain from parking where your windshield can be directly hit by sunlight. The long exposure to direct sunlight shortens the life of your windshield. Also, those little cracks may worsen if there’s a considerable temperature difference on either side of the windshield. So pick cool, shady places for parking.
4. When cleaning, avoid ammonia-containing glass cleaners. Ammonia-based cleaners are dangerous if inhaled and may destroy the tint of your windows. A weekly wipe of vinegar or alcohol is acceptable. Also, use microfiber or cotton towels. They are extraordinarily absorbent and do not leave streaks and dust behind after clean-up.
5. Don’t forget the wipers. A lot of scratch on the windshield comes from sand particles and dirt from the wipers, so it’s essential that these should be checked and properly cleaned. Use a rag with a windshield fluid washer. Rub these along the blades to remove dust, sand particles and other contaminants.